On 2/15/16, Fernando Paredes García <fernando@develcuy.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for an free software or open source project that allows to
> develop cross-platform mobile applications. Most of stuff I found in google
> is for game development but my project needs to relay on Native UIs on
> Android and iPhone. So far I looked at Gideros but again, it is focused on
> Game dev.
>
> --

Gideros and Corona have pretty much the same technology stack, as with
all the others, optimized for games, not native apps. The experience
gets pretty poor as you push harder into more and more native UI
things. And Corona is not free/open source.

I think IUP (from the same university as Lua) has the most potential
since native UIs are its central theme, but it currently lacks mobile
support. However it is open source and I think this could be
implemented with some thought.

As a long term vision thing, I would be interested in working with
people to build mobile backends for IUP (namely iOS + Android).

But as a more immediate starting point, I started a Mac/Cocoa backend
for IUP. It is not usable for anything real yet, but I have the
creation of many of the core underlying native Cocoa widgets and can
get them on screen. (Not necessarily in the right place or size yet.)
https://github.com/ewmailing/IupCocoa
(Cocoa branch)
Help and contributions are greatly welcome and wanted.

If any like minded people are out there that want to help make any of
this happen, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Eric