Peter, merely converting the image to `.png` won't have an advantage,
but editing the image to make the background (semi-)transparent will.
Besides, if everyone's really so concerned about a few bytes, the
`.svg` file that I just created is only 516 bytes at the moment, and
already about 90% identical to the original.