On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is easy to say that the length of this list is four, and that is has a
>> hole at index 2.
>
> And possiibly "easy to see" rather than "easy to say"?

Given that I don't have the book I can't confirm the context, but
"easy to say" could well be correct, in the sense of "you might say
that, but you'd be mistaken." The big thing would be if the next
sentence started with "but" or "however" or some similar negation.

If the list in question is something like {1, nil, 3, 4} with no
metatable on it, then it doesn't have a well-defined length, so "easy
to say" would be correct here.

/s/ Adam