On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:

> Related to my post about why I have not used the JIT technology in Ravi for my project (yet), is the question: do we need a JIT for Lua at all?

JIT compilation is not what the users of LuaJIT want. What they want is performance [1]. Whether it is achieved via JIT or in some other way is of no interest to the majority of the LuaJIT users.

I do not see how the rest of your argument is relevant. Performance is orthogonal to suitability for large scale application development.

Cheers,
V.

[1] FFI is another thing important for some LuaJIT users. But that does not need to be considered as something inherent to JIT compilation.