On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> I answered on Reddit, but I will say it again here: the only way
> I found to have a decent experience using Lua on Windows is through
> https://github.com/Tieske/luawinmulti

Interesting! We had Lua for Windows and it created satisfaction for a
while - well-curated but not buildable from source, and tied to that
old dreadful VS 2005 runtime.  A worthy successor is LuaDist's
'Batteries' project but there really hasn't been enough time and
energy put into a seamless experience.

I've always found the determination of people to hate 1-based indexing
puzzling. After all, it's not an offset, it's an index.  But each to
their own. I'm a happy Lua scripter and there's too much damn magic in
Python.