> On Apr 30, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2017-04-30 07:19 AM, Shmuel Zeigerman wrote:
>> On 29/04/2017 16:41, Dirk Laurie wrote:
>>>
>>> The next step would be a compiler option under which the lexer
>>> accepts a UTF-8 first character followed by the correct number
>>> of UTF-8 continuation characters as being alphabetic for the
>>> purpose of being an identifier or part of one.
>>>

>> BTW, LuaJIT 2 has it for years already (it allows UTF-8 in identifiers). But it seems nobody needs it.
>>

> Well, I'd argue mostly nobody needs it because it doesn't allow emoji in identifiers.

Does it prohibit all astral characters, or are emoji singled out?

Either way, that's too bad. You can write this Ruby:

def 🚫(📖)
	🐦 = 💻(📖)
	📝🚫🐊 = Array.new

	begin
		🚫📥 = 🐦.blocked_ids
		File.open(File.join(LOGDIR, 'block_ids.current'), 'w+') do |💾|
			🚫📥.sort.each do |😭🐊|
				💾.puts(😭🐊)

https://github.com/oapi/emojiautoblocker/blob/master/emojiautoblocker