Hi,

On 5 February 2018 at 10:56, Tom Cook <tom.k.cook@gmail.com> wrote:
> We ended up with a python application with a portion written in a C++
> library, which in turn integrated Lua for user scripting.  The C++ library
> kicked off a new thread that contained all the hard(ish) real-time stuff and
> used the Lua library for user scripting.

This matches my conclusion as well - Lua is better when you need a
language in an app to provide user scripting.

For general purpose app development it is the Python's large library /
eco system that wins it for Python; also Python is arguably a more
user friendly language (less DIY).

Regards
Dibyendu