On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Erik Hougaard <erik@hougaard.com> wrote:
> In 2018 I think the lack of a proper builtin "blessed" packaging system
> really hurts Lua. People just want to npm, nuget, pip or gem it.

Well, if you already have a list like that, why not another package system? :)

(Tho it is a little frustrating that the official Ubuntu/Debian
LuaRocks is a bit old)

> p.s. This is not a rant against LuaRocks, it rocks :)  - But it's not part
> of Lua.

True, but npm is not part of JavaScript either...

My understanding is that PUC Lua team is like Linux kernel team -
building the basis for userland to do the rest. Torvalds certainly has
opinions about userland (e.g. his fights with Gnome) but he is not
part of its decision making.