It is a little unfortunate to hear that; I was excited as this fixed a lot of problems with equating `nullptr` and `NULL` in C++ and C in container types. In my humble opinion, the _current_ behavior was always counter intuitive to me and always took me some time to struggle with and I always -- always -- have to keep explaining it to newcomers and other people, C++ pointers or not thrown into the mix.

Hopefully in the future we can get nil-in-tables (and maybe even the native array subtype for tables?!). I'll keep my eye out for it, and appreciate the experiment at least being brought forward!

Best of luck for Lua 5.4. :D

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 12:30 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2018-05-29 04:15 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
>>
>> What happened when it reached the end of the list?
>
> What end of the list?

Exactly.