> On 31 May 2018, at 19:39, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>
> It was thus said that the Great Kevin Wang once stated:
>>
>> Why not use LuaJIT? What do people think of LuaJIT on here? Are there
>> any cons to using LuaJIT, besides the extra space required?
>
>  LuaJIT will only JIT code for a limited number of architectures (x86 and
> ARM).  Second, LuaJIT is still Lua 5.1 with some additions that make it
> close to Lua 5.2 without being Lua 5.2; Lua 5.3 is the current version of
> standard Lua.  The major differences are how modules are coded (drastically
> changed from Lua 5.1 to 5.2) and 64-bit integer support (Lua 5.3).
>
>  -spc

LuaJIT is very fast, so that would be a big bonus I guess. Downside it that if you really want to make the most of it, you have to write code in a way that allows LuaJIT to do its magic. So my guess is that your end users will probably learn and write "regular Lua” and that the performance benefits of using LuaJIT will be less. (Still faster, but less faster than possible… how much less…. depends…)

Thijs