On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 4:35 PM Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:

> Most of language requests and proposals appear to come from a few vocal individuals. The vast majority of Lua users do not voice an opinion and are probably not even on the list.

Agreed.

However, this is not unique to Lua. C++ proposals also come from a much smaller community than all C++ programmers, and votes are those of an even smaller C++ standard committee. And, in the C++ case, a proposal (not coming from a prominent committee member) would have any serious chance of being considered only if it is presented in person to the committee. I think we can find some similarities with the Lua proposal process here :)

Cheers,
V.