On 1 August 2018 at 21:27, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>> Sorry you didn't get my point at all. I was specifically talking about
>> using standard Lua tables as an implementation approach - its nothing
>> to do with the functional goal .
>
>   That was not clear at all.

Okay my bad then. I thought it was clear in the context of Dirk's
comment about how Lua 4.0 did it differently.

>   It also seems you have problems with the C API and the debug module and
> would like to see those go away as well (or downplayed as much as possible
> because they complicate the design of a JIT for Lua).

Just making my position clear if it hasn't been given my past posts
here. I am strongly against breaking backward compatibility. So I will
never argue for breaking changes in Lua.

This is an academic discussion - a thought experiment. It is not a
plea to change Lua.

Regards
Dibyendu