It was thus said that the Great Jim once stated:
> 08.06.2019, 10:25, "Lorenzo Donati" <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it>:
> > Moreover, it is very bad netiquette
>
> another point would be abstaining from posting html formated
> messages.

  I'm subscribed to a mailing list devoted to classic computers [1], and
*they* gave up on trying to enforce non-HTML emails (and top posting, and
... ).  Sadly, it's a lost cause.

> email is a textual protocol that does not need any
> fancy html formating. especially not when sending 2 copies of
> the same message: one in pure textual form and another one
> attached as html formated version.

  At least that shows the sender cares (or at least, the client they are
using cares) enough to send a plain text version of the email.  Nothing
worse than to receive an email with ONLY HTML, which in my case, means I
shell out to Lynx to read the email.

> apart from being quite
> annoying it is also superfluous and not worth the space
> it wastes in list archives and subscriber mailboxes.

  Good luck on your crusade.

  -spc (You might get better luck in saying it lowers potential spam scores
	when one DOES NOT use HTML in email---check the headers of this
	email)

[1]	Officially, any computer at least 10 years old or older.
	Unofficially, anthing that can run Microsoft Windows is NOT
	a classic computer.