Hi Fernando:

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 6:57 PM Fernando Jefferson
<fjefferson@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> "1 + 1" is the simplest computer program that exists.

what about "1" ? ( and, aamof, I used may times an empty .com file in
CP/M and msdos, it does nothing sometimes and others restart the last
loaded program ).

> Now you try to teach programming to a lawyer, a student of literature or
> medicine, as we do ...

I was taught programming at 12 years ( which was early in spain in 77
), well before school splits in science/letters ( as we call it in
spain ) and certainly well before university level.

That being said, student, ok, but medicine/lawyers, those are smarter,
but it's going to be hard, they tend to think they are smarter than
everyone else ( I have dealt with both ).

Francisco Olarte.