There should be a way to configure the mailing list to encrypt mailing
list messages (preferably with multiple keys, as ppl tend to have
multiple devices, or even multiple keys per device for anonymization
purposes). There should be a way to configure the mailing list to
decrpyt mailing list messages (this one could use one mailing list key
for all senders altho ideally at least one key per sender would be
best). These would allow mailing list subscribers to opt-out of
"external sender" in subject lines, increasing the list's
signal-to-noise ratio by eliminating noise. (We don't know of any
mailing list software that supports PGP tho, but we do get slightly
annoyed by this stuff.)