Em dom., 6 de dez. de 2020 às 10:15, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> escreveu:

 >> Using unsigned rather than signed integers is sometimes detrimental
 >> to performance and essentially never beneficial; the reason is that
 >> the compiler is allowed to do some optimizations with signed values
 >> that are not allowed on unsigned ones.

 Ranier> This contradicts everything I've studied about optimizations.

Then you're studying the wrong things (but we already knew that, based
on your previous mistakes in this area).
Who are you to say what I study is right or wrong!

 Ranier> For loops, the quickest option, are variables with the natural
 Ranier> size of the machine.

No.
No what?

 Ranier> Which leads the compiler to make implicit conversions

You didn't look at the code that a decent compiler generated, did you.
Does everyone have efficient compilers?

Ranier Vilela