forbid any GC operation while running a finalizer.
-- Roberto

Oh, that way can solve the problem, obviously.

And, Yes. The patch will be semantically right because finalizers are not devised to call GC inside of itself as you said.

I think the patch leads to quite a lot of  change in source code.... :-(

Thank you for the deep consideration of this problem.

By the way, If you plan the patch to be applied in version 5.4.5 or later, may I report this crash into MITRE?

--Regards, Jihoi.