Shmuel:

On Sun, 29 May 2022 at 12:07, Shmuel Zeigerman <shmuz@013net.net> wrote:
> I tried to install LuaJIT on Linux Mint via apt install luajit.
> This installs 2017 year version and that was the reason for me to build
> and install LuaJIT "manually".

I see it. Usual debian way they seem to get the "last" release ( may
2017 ) and cherrypick patches / fixes. http://luajit.org/download.html
advices to do snaphots if a distro needs releases, but they are a bit
alergic to that kind of thing, they seem to go against the last tag.
And looking at the commit history it seems this project is moving
fast, so you probably need clone&compile to stay current. Most commtis
seem jit-improvement related, but some seem fixes, so I think
compilation is neded if someone wants to stay current. Lacking
releases, and hence release notes, I would not know what to recomend,
but unless you hit a bug debian tends to be solid.

FOS