Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> writes:

> I'm new to the mailing list, and would be interested to know if anyone
> has used Lua in any sort of safety-critical system, in particular for
> regulated industries such as automotive or medical. If anyone has any
> examples of such use in a real product that would be really
> interesting and much appreciated.

It's probably not quite what you mean, but this reminded me of the
"galua" project by Galois; the company is a Haskell shop that's big on
verification: https://github.com/GaloisInc/galua

I never used it and believe that galua is mostly a debugger, but
apparently it can also do some static analysis on Lua code. You could
try and ask the authors if they can provide you with more info.

--
Albert Krewinkel