Rudolf Adamkovič:
Hello folks,

We use Lua, 5.4.6 via Fennel, to power "the brains" of our Android apps
at Egghead Games.  Everything works well, but recently, we have gotten
some crash reports about 'luaD_precall' triggering 'luaB_assert'.

Looking at 'ldo.c', the only assertion in 'luaD_precall' is:

   lua_assert(ci->top.p <= L->stack_last.p);
This assertion is not triggered in your stack trace.
The luaB_assert function is the implementation of the lua assert function which is called and results in the abort due to a missing panic function. https://www.lua.org/manual/5.4/manual.html#lua_atpanic