The hardest part by far will be the mailing list. For this I do not see any good alternative to something like mailmanhost.com indeed.

lua-users.org should be slightly simpler but it's an old stack, mostly composed of Perl CGI for all I know. The wiki is a fork of UseModWiki [1]. The mailing list archives is a CGI script too. The simplest solution is probably to migrate everything a VPS somewhere.

I don't think there is a need for separate static hosting for lua.org, maybe just stick it on the same box as lua-users?

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/ThisWikiImplementation

--
Pierre Chapuis