Hi, yep, as colleagues already mentioned, I used the emscripten (emcc)
compiler - this small project (including command line) could be found
here
https://github.com/rodiongork/lua-emcc
(this is traceable from the sources so I haven't mentioned - and
perhaps already posted about this in mailing list)

Sometimes it seems to give some glitches on startup but I still
haven't nailed them.

I used emscripten to do similar things with other languages,
particularly scheme and pforth (both could be found in my github) -
generally mainly input/output and execution loop make cause some
head-scrapping, otherwise the process is less or more straightforward.

Surprisingly I heard about Fengari just couple days ago. Actually it
was one of the points to choose Lua - because it appears very easy to
compile it to use in browser, rather than rely on some 3rd party
version (if we forget about emcc being 3rd party software of course).