On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 at 17:54, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> After 20 years of providing unfailing, kind, generous, flexible, and
> efficient support to key internet presence for the Lua community,
> Pepperfish is closing down at the end of this year. We are
> extremely grateful to Pepperfish for their wonderful support.
>
> A new host for lua.org will be announced soon.
>
> As part of the migration of lua.org to a new host, we'll be moving
> this list to Google Groups:
> https://groups.google.com/g/lua-l/

Sad to see another step in the googleification of the internet and the
slow erosion of email, but there's nothing I can do on my end, other
than perhaps belatedly echo the suggestion of freelists.org. I have
used it for hosting the htop mailing list for many years. And yes, I
fully realize what I means that I'm writing this from a GMail web
client.

I haven't been active here on the list, but lua-l is the last mailing
list I still follow semi-regularly. I'll follow along to Google Groups
or wherever it gets migrated to next.

>From this long-time user of lua-l, I also want to thank everyone at
Pepperfish for hosting it for so long. And especially, I want to thank
to the Lua Team for managing this community so well over the years and
continuing to look after it. This is a nice little corner of the
internet, and thanks to your efforts I'm sure it will continue to be,
whoever the new landlords are.

-- Hisham
(PS: Someone mentioned Mastodon -- it is cool, it is FOSS, but it
serves a different purpose (it is the FOSS-alternative to the
now-defunct-Twitter). I'm there at @hisham_hm@mastodon.social and I
recommend following the #LuaLang hashtag there, but we don't have a
lot of traffic there on this topic.)