> I also can help with both the website and infrastructure setup, But I
> don't have any experience in mail servers, and from what I've heard
> over the years it is something quirky to get done right.

A bit.  Most of my career I've been paid as a sysadmin, with wrangling
email an explicit part of that at most of those jobs.

These days it's a lot less quirky than it used to be.  There are a few
good, and relatively simple to set up, MTAs out there; my current
favourite is postfix.  The big issue now is antispam.  On my own
mailserver I deal with spam by blocking sites that send me spam.  (I
used to report the spam instead, and block only the hardcore repeat
offenders.  But the net changed, to the point that it's depressingly
hard to find anywhere larger than a one-person site that _doesn't_
ignore spam reports now.)  This works, but is probably not what the
list wants; for example, all the big webmailers are blocked.

I can handle the mailer itself.  I can't handle any Web interfaces
people may want (the Web and I have a relationship of mutual hostility)
and, while strictly speaking I can do spamfiltering, I doubt the list
wants it done the way I do it.

If anyone wants a hand with a mailer, just let me know.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org