On 15 Dec 2023, at 04:02, Sudipto Mallick <smallick.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

How about going to the opposite direction, like starting comp.lang.lua? Is USENET not an option anymore?

https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?hl=en

Talk about inappropriate timing.  You couldn’t make it up!

Being yet another person who has completely de-Googled themselves and does not have any sort of Google account, I’m very reluctant to start using Google for anything, including mailing lists.  Given the Usenet announcement above and the ongoing dropping of dozens of projects every year, I do wonder what the lifetime of the support for mailing lists will be.