Hi all,

I've asked this question before, but it was embedded in a bunch of others.

Is there a quick, super efficient method of determining whether a virtual machine stack register contains a local variable or an intermediate?

My current (slow) approach involves walking the call info stack.

An idea I had was to hold a stack info stack. Each position in this stack refers to a proper stack register, indicating it's locality. This information is updated when the VM calls a function, or returns from one.

Unfortunately, it seems to get out of sync, but I'm not sure why. Are there any other VM operations that would effect the locality of stack members?

Cheers!

--
Lisa
http://www.thecommune.org.uk/~lisa/