I'm writing a tool which needs (as one stage) to resolve the header
dependencies of C source modules. Currently we are using Opus Make
MKMF.EXE to parse the sources and generates dependency lists. I would
*like* to roll this part of the process into the main tool, which is
written in Lua.

Has anyone written something like this, or know of a module (in Lua,
usable by Lua, translatable into Lua) which does this? It doesn't need
to be a full blown preprocessor, but it needs to handle lines
continuation, comments, etc. and be able to resolve preprocessor
conditionals properly.

Cheers,
Eric