On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Stefan Sandberg
<keffo.sandberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but what's the upside of that? :)
>
>  I mean, is the parrot vm significantly faster or easier to deploy than
>  luas, or is it supposed to be a bridge between languages or some such?
>   From what I can tell, lua will run wherever parrot does, so if it's not
>  a major performance increase etc, etc, what's the upside?

it would be _very_ nice if there's an 'upside', but even if there's
none, that's no reason not to do something

at the very least, it's another mention of Lua, and somebody would see it.

at the best, even if parrot isn't any successful, or fast, or nice;
it's a good exercise in porting to different VMs.  it would be a nice
world if every small device (dumbphones, legos, tv remotes, PIC
microcontrollers) came with a small, optimised and somewhat
standardized VM that you could target with your language of choice.

--
Javier