De : lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] De la part de Gerry Weaver
Envoyé : mercredi 14 septembre 2011 05:11
À : Lua mailing list
Objet : Re: Hmm. Why no binaries?

Hi,

Well... since the topic of this thread was originally about LuaJIT on Windows, I would direct you to the LuaJIT website. Under the installation instructions you can find a link to the free Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express compiler. You can also just follow the link below. It installs just like any other Windows application. Just give it a shot and let me know if you have any problems ;-)

http://luajit.org/install.html

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express

Okay. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, but here's the thing. Lua is very dependent on C/C++. Lua gets most of it's functionality from C/C++ libraries. I'm starting to get the impression that a few folks think/wish they could somehow ignore C/C++ and exist in a world where they don't have to know or care about C/C++ and building C/C++ code. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Lua is so dependent on C/C++ for even the most basic facilities, that it's really not possible. I'm not recommending that everyone run out and become an expert in C/C++ programming. However, having the ability to resolve simple compile/link errors is going to enhance the Lua experience immeasurably. No one would expect this to happen overnight. Give it a try and ask questions if you run into problems. I hope y'all hang in there with Lua. It's an awesome language. However, if you are violently opposed to the idea of learning the basics of C/C++ and building C/C++ code, perhaps Lua is not the right choice for you. I think Visual Basic or Java might be much better options. Then again, I'm sure there are those who would vigorously disagree with me.

Thanks,
-G