This may sound odd to some but I like very much things in the 1% I think trying to please 99% is very hard and when it comes to software that means lots of compromises and a bloated API and code base.

Granted I am no LUA expert have only read a book from Wrox. I have to say I love it :) and plan on using it.

It is small enough to really master all things should one invest the time to do so and it feels a really sweet niche with its interplay with C and C++ code. Giving one easy extensibility for things written in those language ... that's a lot of things.

I guess the reason I say I like the 1% is because it does not involve trying to accommodate everyone's wish list and a huge luggage of backward compatibility that keeps you constraint to an implementation, I like things small like the Twisted book (python twisted), but then again I like Erlang and it is not the most popular either if you go to one of the language polls.

C also does not score very high, in the compiled crowd, but heck almost everything is written with it or ends up running a piece of code in it at one point or another to get things done. Don't know enough assembly for a "hello world" even, but I bet that is getting good use too... ;) ... still.

I put in my vote even though I have to say I like many of the other scripting languages too, a slightly bigger 1% is better :D.

Best to everyone and thank you for the language.
Cheers,
george