Quoting from the site
"The first thing i had to overcome in porting the Javascript backend
to Lua, is that in Lua, not everything is an object. "

I have to object. Maybe I should do a blog post on how functions CAN
have attributes IF you are crazy enough to want it. I don't think it
should be done though.

---
-- setting the metatable of one function affects all functions...
debug.setmetatable(function()end,{__index = function (f,k) return "foo" end})

print(print.bar) -- prints "foo"
---

With some more fantasy and time, one can do just anything with
function as it is in JavaScript. It's simply not obvious.

Cheers,
Eike