Hi all,

I am happy to announce the availability of the 0.9 version of our Eclipse-based IDE, Koneki LDT [1]!
Lots of new features made it to this version, including:
  • The out-of-the-box experience has been much improved, the IDE now ships with an embedded Lua interpreter which means that even if you don't have a Lua interpreter on your machine, you'll be able to execute and debug your scripts very easily. The IDE also ships with the so-called Execution Environment for Lua 5.1 so you will have code assistance without the need to configure anything!
  • Remote development: if you do embedded, or more generally if your Lua VM is running on a remote machine, you likely want to have an easy way to deploy and debug your scripts. LDT 0.9 has full support for remote development: you can configure a remote connection to a distant machine, configure its local VM, and run/debug your scripts on this VM in just on click.
  • LuaDocumentor: you probably remember that LDT relies on the code documentation [2] to provide code completion, code navigation, outline… In 0.9 we have added syntax coloring and code completion for writing code documentation faster.
Please visit http://eclipse.org/koneki/ldt for getting more information about the project, and get the instructions for downloading and installing the IDE. I remind you that LDT is available both as a standalone executable, and as a feature you can install inside Eclipse if you are already using it for other developments.
The whole changelog for the 0.9 version is available here [3]

The team will be happy to answer your questions and listen to feature requests if you stop by our forum [4]!

Cheers!
Benjamin--