On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://steved-imaginaryreal.blogspot.com/2013/10/c-some-consequences-of-design-decision.html
>
> But it turns out I'm just an old fart who likes programs to compile
> quickly and produce small executables ;) Very last century.

If you're using clang instead of gcc, most of your complaints go away.
:P Error messages are better, compile times are better. I don't know
about executable size -- my commercial apps all have embedded
resources that overwhelm the actual code size an I don't usually have
to care about hobby programs, so I don't have a good point of
reference

> Relevance to Lua would be: don't listen to the crowd. I'd hate it to
> become an ISO standard and have full confidence in PUC Rio ;)

Amen to that!

/s/ Adam