>>> [...]
>> No, I will not be participating in any Google-hosted list.
> Perhaps a Discord server in lieu of Google groups?

> Or everyone interested in Lua can join fosstodon.org (or another
> Mastodon server) and tag posts with #lua that others can follow.

Since it was my mail you replied to, and, again, speaking purely
personally:

Discord?  No.  A closed-source implementation of a closed protocol is a
total nonstarter for me.  If I didn't personally build it from source,
I don't run it.

Mastodon?  Well, at least it's open-source (or is said to be; I haven't
personally verified it).  But, still, no.  I'm interested in a mailing
list.  I have zero-to-negative interest in anything Web (correct me if
I'm wrong; my impression is that Mastodon is all layered atop the Web).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org