On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Raúl Huertas <rax2003_7@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm starting with lua and i'm very excited learning the C API. Now I know
> how to load my functions and use them in a lua program, but...
>
> I0ve just installed wxWidget and it creates a .so called wx.so. SO when in
> lua, the standalone interpreter, finds 'require("wx")' laods that library
> automatically. How this can be done? is there any special function to create
> in that shared library? a lua_openlib(). How the module get loaded
> automatically?

Just to be sure, you do not have to use the wx.so shared lib for Lua's
require() function if you don't want to for whatever reason.
Alternatively, you can link your C++ program, static or dynamically,
to the wxLua and wxWidgets libs/dlls. See the sample app wxLuaFreeze
for the simplest incarnation of using a wxLuaState to run your Lua
code. The decision is yours, either way should work equally well.

Regards,
    John