On Thu, 20 May 2010 14:41:48 +0200, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>It depends - for some common rocks, Windows binaries already exist.
>If a binary rock exists, Lua Rocks will download that rather than the
>source rock.

And what happens with "rocks", ie. modules, that are only available in
source code: Does luarocks call luac.exe to compile them into binaries
on the fly?

Hopefully, all the binaries that Xavante needs are available in
precompiled binaries that I can just download and stuff in eg. \clibs,
or let luarocks download and compile them itself.

>That's totally the point - so that's an awkward 3 megs or so not needed.

Out of curiosity, what does the MS C runtime offer that MinGW/Cygwin
don't, and justifies a bigger download?