I've been trying this for a very long time, never succeeded in passing binary data.

But here is a function:

static int testfunc(lua_State *L)
{
printf("test func\n");

char *arg1;
int i;
size_t len = 0;
arg1 = luaL_checklstring(L, 1, &len);
//arg1 = luaL_checkudata(L, 1, &len);
//arg1 = lua_touserdata(L, 1);
//len=strlen(arg1);
printf("Size = %s\n",arg1);

FILE *sfile;
sfile = fopen("testfilebinary.txt","wb");
fwrite(arg1,len,1,sfile);
fclose(sfile);

return 0;
}

I tried some udata variants as you can see. But that failed completely and wouldn't even return the normal type "abc123" strings.

Yes, I don't know how to change the time stamp or remove it if possible.