Hi list,

I'm starting the process of porting all my Lua projects to 5.2. Since
that's going to be a long process I'd like to have a transition phase
during which I can use both 5.1 and 5.2. However I'm facing several
problems right now on Windows using a custom build tool (to build all
my apps, my modules, third party modules, my libraries and all
required third party libraries). I solved most of them, but there is
one I'm not sure how to tackle. Both Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2 use the same
C header names. So I cannot install the Lua headers in my system
include directory naively, or the two version will overwrite each
other.

I'd like to know how others solved (or didn't solve) that problem: how
to make Lua 5.1 cohabitate with Lua 5.2 on the "system" (whatever the
system is)? Do you have a "master" Lua header in your system include
directory and the other Lua version in subdirectory, or are both
versions in different subdirectories? Did you rename the headers? Do
you require to change the include directive to specify a
version-specific relative path or header name, or do you pass -I
directives to the compiler?

Jérôme.