On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Jerome Vuarand
<jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know how others solved (or didn't solve) that problem: how
> to make Lua 5.1 cohabitate with Lua 5.2 on the "system" (whatever the
> system is)? Do you have a "master" Lua header in your system include
> directory and the other Lua version in subdirectory, or are both
> versions in different subdirectories? Did you rename the headers? Do
> you require to change the include directive to specify a
> version-specific relative path or header name, or do you pass -I
> directives to the compiler?

On Linux, when I have to deal with different versions of whatever
(Lua, libs, compilers, software etc.) I maintain each version on a
separate directory and symlink the "main" directory to the one I'm
using [1]. When I need to switch versions, I only change the symlink.

When I have to do this switch often, I create some helper shell
scripts / aliases.

[1] http://i.qkme.me/3qk8mz.jpg

--
NI!