> I think the biggest issue with a Lua API on Haiku is the fact that the
> Haiku API is heavily dependent on threads, so handling that from within
> Lua would be difficult.

That can be a real difficulty for sure.

> Not to mention that the API is all C++, and we
> would have to make Lua and virtual methods play nice.

But this is no problem ! All the bindings I wrote for Lua up to now
were from C++ projects.
And those projects highly depend on virtual methods.
I even tend to think it is easier to cleanly bind C++ libraries than C
libraries; at least the resulting binding is easier to use (because of
the native object model).